AYSO EXTRA™ League is a competitive soccer program with its own inter-regional gaming circuit designed to provide a more challenging level of play for those players who possess the appropriate interest, skills and abilities necessary to compete at a higher level.
EXTRA™ enhances each player’s skill development and individual growth through soccer while retaining the spirit, organization and six philosophies of AYSO.
AYSO EXTRA™ League is a great alternative to club soccer for competitive players?
1. Low Cost – less than half the cost of a club program.
2. Everyone Plays – no one sits on the bench, everyone plays at least half of the game.
3. Top Professional Paid Trainers – train players to develop their technical skills, tactical abilities and fitness.
4. Player Development – help players achieve their potential while having fun and learning the game of soccer.
5. Positive Coaching – certified, experienced and knowledgeable coaches who are positive and encouraging.
6. Trained Quality Referees – who referee for the love of the game, not a paycheck.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT AYSO EXTRA SOCCER
“The best teacher of the game of soccer is the game itself; guaranteed playing time is what makes AYSO Extra such a great program for young soccer players.”
Tim Ward – Head Coach, Pepperdine University Women’s Soccer Team
“AYSO Extra values positive coaching as a way to help players build their confidence and improve their soccer skills.”
Ian Feuer – Goalkeeper Coach, LA Galaxy, former goalkeeper for New England Revolution, West Ham United, U.S. Men’s National Team and the U.S. Olympic Team.
“AYSO Extra is a lower cost youth soccer program that focuses its resources on helping young soccer players achieve their potential.”
Twila Kaufman - Assistant Head Coach, Pepperdine University Women’s Soccer Team
Malibu AYSO Region 759 has been honored with the distinguished designation as a Platinum Region. This honor is bestowed upon our dedicated volunteers and players by the National AYSO organization.